On this page, you can find FAQ on...
- Flag ordering & custom flags
- Mounting and display
- Shipping fees & arrival estimates
- Expedited orders
- What to do if your flag arrives damaged
- How to take care of your flag; the do's and do-not's
How do I order a custom flag?
To order a custom-made flag, please contact us prior to ordering at email@example.com or by phone at 1-801-441-0842.
Can I still order my flag with the protective coating?
Your flag will now be automatically crafted with a protective layer clear coat to preserve its original look, allowing you to enjoy your flag anywhere -- even outdoors!
How do I mount my flag?
For the best results, mount your flag using wood screws or drywall anchors. Make sure it is being hung from at least two points. Its design allows the back edge of your flag to be hooked over the head of a screw or lag bolt.
*Remember, fasteners rated to the weight of your flag should be used.
Unless you are using our custom hurricane brackets, do not hang your flag...
- Over fragile objects or glass furniture.
- Over children's playpens or cribs.
- In an area subject to high winds.
Never hang your flag...
- On a weak material that is not rated for the load.
- Using a temporary or adhesive based hangers.
- On glass.
What information should my professional installer know?
Great question! We recommend your professional installer use the following fasteners at a minimum:
-Drywall: Threaded drywall anchors (such as E-Z Anchor). Do not use standard plastic wall plugs as these can tear out easily when exposed to lateral forces.
-Plaster: Snap toggles are recommended.
-Masonry: Metal molly anchors, lag bolts with plugs, or toggle bolts depending on thickness.
-Wood: Lag bolts sent directly into studs are preferred. If mounting to siding or plywood, toggle bolts are recommended.
When should I expect my flag?
Due to the intense process of hand making each flag, orders will be subject to a 45-60 day lead time from the invoice date.
I have a special event coming up and I would like to have my flag before then. Can I have it shipped sooner?
If you need your flag at an earlier date for a special event, we can expedite your flag for a fee. Contact us prior to ordering.
How much is shipping?
Shipping across the 48 contiguous states is a flat rate of $50. *Expedited orders subject to added shipping fees, call for more information
Will you ship to Hawaii and/or Alaska?
Yes, we do ship to both Alaska and Hawaii. For shipping estimates to either Alaska or Hawaii, please contact us.
What happens if my flag arrives damaged?
If your package arrives damaged, you can go to the delivery company’s website or place a call to file a claim. If you need help with this process, you may also call the help line at (801)-441-0842.
Care Instructions for Your Flag
What are the proper care instructions if I want to hang my flag outside?
Your *standard flag should be kept out of the elements as the patina will be affected by high humidity and excessive exposure to sunlight.
If you have opted for the exterior clear coating, it is best if the flag is kept in a covered area away from the rain. If hung completely exposed, expect to wax your flag per the instructions provided with your shipment (available also online) to preserve its protective coating much the same way as you would a vehicle stored outdoors.
How can I take proper care of my flag?
Every six months, as a preventative measure, you may:
- Handwash your flag using lukewarm water and mild soap.
- Use a clean, soft, non-abrasive, grit-free cloth or sponge to loosen heavy dirt or grime.
- To remove residue, rinse with clean water.
- Prevent water spotting by drying with a soft cloth.
- Apply an automotive liquid carnauba wax using a microfiber cloth to re-coat and protect the surface.
Are there things I should not use when practicing proper care for my flag?
Absolutely! Follow these "Never Do/Use" instructions:
- Polishing compounds, solvents, bleaches, or highly alkaline cleaners.
- Scrub brushes, steel wool, or other abrasive materials.
- Squeegees razor blades, or other sharp instruments to remove deposits or spots.
- Clean in direct sunlight or at high temperatures.
- Power-washing equipment.
I lost the care instructions for my flag! Can you send me another one?
Absolutely! Aside from the instructions listed above, you can also find them HERE.
*As of October 1st, 2017, all flags will be crafted and shipped with exterior protective coating.